Lack of clarity about the potential adverse health effects of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) in our environment causes anxiety and concern for many. EMFs have have been linked to cancer, but it’s also difficult for scientists to accurately measure our exposure to TVs, cell phones, wireless gadgets, computers, wifi, and appliances and then associate it with illness.
There is now enough data about the long-term health affects of power plants, power lines, and transmitters to warn us that our dependence on electricity, electronics, and wireless data can have health consequences. Long-term chronic exposure to wifi is becoming a health problem.
Whether they definitively cause cancer or not, EMFs do affect your personal energy field. Your energy field is sensitive and reacts to other energy fields. In the world of energy healing, it’s best that your energy field be as clear and healthy as possible for your overall wellbeing. The good news is you can protect yourself from EMFs during the day and at night when you’re asleep. Here are 5 things you can do that will cut down on your exposure.
1. Stay at least three feet away from appliances when they’re running. Although they’re not the healthy choice, if you use a microwave, move away from it when it’s on. Three feet is the distance at which most scientists say the EMF from an appliance diminishes.
2. Move electronics away from your bed, including electric clocks and cordless phones. Don’t sleep under an electric blanket or use electric heating pads.
3. When possible, replace box spring mattresses and metal bed frames with non-metal alternatives. Scientists have researched geopathic stress, including the effect of sleeping on metal. They say it’s like sleeping on an antenna or radio amplifier, which can affect the physical body. Studies have shown that people who sleep on box springs and metal bed frames have higher rates of breast cancer than those who don’t.
4. Turn off electronics before you go to bed and don’t have a TV where you sleep. It’s tempting to go to bed with a computer gadget or cell phone nearby while watching the late shows on TV, but it’s not a healthy practice.
5. Turn off all wifi in the house when it’s not in use, and especially when sleeping. Wifi on all the time and particularly at night is considered long-term chronic exposure.